Pizza is a classic and beloved dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. While it’s easy to pick up the phone and order a pizza from your local restaurant, making homemade pizza dough can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this article, we will guide you through the steps of making delicious homemade pizza dough from scratch.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water (110°F)
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl, and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for about 5-10 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for about an hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into two equal parts. Roll each part into a ball and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball of dough into a circle that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the dough onto a lightly oiled pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Add your desired toppings (e.g. tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, meats) to the pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and slice it up to serve.
Enjoy your homemade pizza!